January 29, 2011

A blanket of snow


Winter has been troublesome again this year- lots of snow and even some very cold temperatures.  It feels like back home in my tiny rural town in Wisconsin, until I journey out in my car and get slapped by the realities of traffic and oversized, crowded shopping malls.  Regardless, I still find hints of idealic country nestled between the hustle and bustle.  I stopped and snapped this scenic little picture on the way home yesterday (irritating more than a few other drivers I'm sure).


And what better way to stay cozy and warm in winter than to curl up with a warm blanket?  I made this one as a Christmas gift, and it's the first blanket I've crocheted.  It turned out fairly well for my first large project.  In fact, the afghan was quite popular in the house and there were several hints at keeping it.  However, I didn't think that "the dog ate it" or "it has a big hole in it" were very believable so it was gifted as intended.  The blanket is currently exercising its warming skills in Wisconsin.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I hate snow, that picture makes me miss home!

    ReplyDelete